My Book Rating System

My book rating system is based on 5 stars. The book must be rated at least 3 stars for a review.

3 Stars: Good story, good plot, good writing.

4 Stars: I was wowed, but something about the story fell short of perfection.

5 Stars: I was either drooling, on the edge of my seat, or falling in love.

If you would like me to review your book, please contact me at 00ibitz@charter.net.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Book Review: The Iron Queen, by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen
Julie Kagawa



This is the 3rd installment of the Iron Fey Series, and I think it's been my favorite of the series so far. Meghan is set to live her life banished from Faery. That's ok, because she has a human family that she can go back to. Ash is with her, banished as well, and it looks like they're ready to settle as outcasts, together.

But things change. Fast. Meghan and Ash and Puck are all drawn back into the thick of things. Meghan's choices are clear. She's learning how to handle the fey. She knows what she wants. And she, finally, figures out how to get it.

Meghan is the strongest in this book by far. She's no longer going along for the ride. She takes charge, takes control. She is strong, she stands up for herself. She learns to fight. And she does. She also learns to sacrifice. And she does.

The writing, as usual, is superb. Plot flows well, starts right in where the story left off in book #2, and doesn't lag in setting things back up. There's some slow stuff about a third of the way through, but it's easily forgivable. The characters are larger than life, and Ash is typically dark, mysterious and handsome. Puck is his usual puckish self, a character in his own right. Off to book number four for me!

No comments: