My Book Rating System

My book rating system is based on 5 stars. The book must be rated at least 3 stars for a review.

3 Stars: Good story, good plot, good writing.

4 Stars: I was wowed, but something about the story fell short of perfection.

5 Stars: I was either drooling, on the edge of my seat, or falling in love.

If you would like me to review your book, please contact me at 00ibitz@charter.net.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Book Review: The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5), by Gena Showalter

The Darkest Passion
by Gena Showalter

Summary (from Goodreads)
For weeks, the immortal warrior Aeron has sensed an invisible female presence. An angel-demon-assassin has been sent to kill him. Or has she? Olivia claims she fell from the heavens, giving up immortality because she couldn't bear to harm him. But trusting - and falling for - Olivia will endanger them all. So how has this mortal with the huge blue eyes already unleashed Aeron's darkest passion?

With an enemy hot on his trail and his faithful demon companion determined to remove Olivia from his life, Aeron is trapped between duty and consuming desire. Worse still, a new executioner has been sent to do the job Olivia wouldn't...

My Rating: 5 Stars!



My Thoughts:
Ok, Gena's Lord of the Underworld series always rock. They're always suspenseful, they're always hawt, they're always sexy, and they never disappoint.

This book is no different.

While Aeron wasn't the Lord I Most Wanted To Read about, there is a lot of intrigue in this story. I loved Olivia, the fallen angel who basically just falls for her man. She's sweet and good and tries so hard to be a bad girl. She wants to experience everything, but there are some angels who want her back, especially away from that naughty Lord.

And Aeron, whose demon is wrath, is anything but good. He can sense the bad things that people have done, and he needs to punish them. Aeron has been pretty battered in some of these past books, because of his demon, so it's nice to see him get a little love.

But that love comes from all directions! It's more than one Lord can handle.

But what is really twisty in this book is Legion, Aeron's little demon friend. She's quite naughty in this book, and I was burning up the pages trying to see how Gena was going to end it, because let me tell you, as I was reading I could see no easy solution or good way to end it.

I was right. It wasn't easy, and it doesn't end well for everyone.

If you like dark, sexy, erotic paranormal, this series is a must-read, and this book doesn't fail to deliver the goods.

No comments: